Welcome to the Alternating Hemiplegia of Childhood Foundation Website
- If you are looking to volunteer or donate, we are grateful that you have come to visit us. We have a number of ways you can be part of making a difference for those suffering from this disorder. Check out the support and fundraising pages as well as “About AHCF”. We are very transparent about where your money goes, and we keep our operating costs below 15% of funds raised. You will also see how your generosity is making a difference for AHC sufferers as we regularly post updates on our projects. We invite you to get to know our kids & the struggles our families face in dealing with this debilitating disorder and please reach out to any of the Board members should you have any questions.
- If your child has been newly diagnosed with Alternating Hemiplegia of Childhood, or you suspect your child may have AHC, we want to let you know that we are here to help! We have many resources in our Medical Research and Living with AHC, sections. We also have a compassionate ear for your questions and concerns. Together we will help equip you to be the best advocate for your child and to maximize his or her potential.
- If your child is living with AHC, these same resources will benefit you greatly as well! You will find the family interaction, especially the Yahoo group to be full of information to help face the challenges & celebrate the good times with your AHC child. We will be expanding our resources for adults living with AHC as well, for every AHC sufferer deserves to be equipped as best as possible to live life fully.
- If you are a member of the medical community, we fervently hope you will assist us in spreading awareness of this disorder amongst your colleagues. It is possible that nearly 90% of AHC cases worldwide are misdiagnosed due to lack of awareness and likely thousands of people who have AHC do not know it. We pursue partnerships with researchers looking to spur on research efforts and are here to help answer any questions you may have, so that we might point you in the right direction. We also aim to compile a database of doctors who are familiar with treating AHC patients, to assist families in the future.
- If you are a member of the media, you will find that our In the News Section there is a Press Kit and that our About AHCF Section has some good overview information. Contact our Public Relations Committee to conduct interviews on behalf of the Foundation. Some of our families are willing to speak with the press as well, and we are happy to work with you in these situations.
We here at the AHC Foundation are excited about the future. Promising research is underway. While the road to the cure for AHC is likely long, we have a determined group of strong volunteers dedicated to the task. We have dedicated our efforts to make a positive impact in the lives of those suffering from AHC and their families. We invite you to join us on that journey.
AHCF Board of Directors