Every penny we earn from donations helps us in SO many ways!
Here are just a few of the top priorities for AHCF’s donations:
- Funding Clinical Trials – These clinical trials test drug efficacy to help eleviate and remedy some of the symptoms of AHC.
- Further the genetics research with additional targeted gene screening and developing genetic therapies.
- Supporting the Family Gathering – These are put together to speak on a one-to-one basis with researchers in the fields of genetics, psychology, and cognitive development to assist the parents and patients of AHC. It is also a time for parents and patients to exchange ideas with each other.
- Creating an International Database of AHC Patients – A longer range goal involving as many participants as possible to help increase chances of finding a cure for AHC.
- Fund studies to evaluate the effectiveness of various cognitive, motor skill and behavioral development techniques to enhance the quality of life and independence of AHC sufferers now.
- Promote awareness via a multimedia awareness campaign aimed at the medical community and related health professionals, schools and caregivers and to help identify the likely numerous undiagnosed cases of AHC.
- Promote awareness by attendance at various targeted conferences directly related to AHC.
Shop for AHC!
SHOP for a CAUSE Card!
Calling ALL AHCF Families & Friends Who Live Near a Macy’s Store
WE NEED YOUR HELP! Macy’s has created a wonderful fundraiser to help the AHCF raise money!
BeneFEST to benefit AHCF!
Check out theAHCF table at the BeneFEST and get a free wristband from AHCF!
If you live in or around Sturbridge, MA, come out and enjoy a day of music and fun!! This is a one day family friendly music festival to raise funds for the research of alternating hemiplegia of childhood. The event will take place at the beautiful Hyland Orchard & Brewery on July 19, 2014. Thank you to Paula Couture-Palmerino and family!!
Renegades for Lisa Marie and AHC!
Love baseball? Mark your calendar to see the Hudson Valley Renegades on Tuesday July 22nd at Dutchess Stadium for a 7:05 Game Time or Sunday August 10th at Duchess Stadium for a 7:05 Game Time and maybe get a hug from Rascal too!
3rd Annual Sharo Golf Outing
The 3rd annual Sharo Golf outing to benefit AHCF and in honor of granddaughter Kiley Andrasco will be held August 1st at the Deer Creek Golf Course in University Park Ill.
2nd Annual “One in a Million” Golf Scramble
“One In a Million” Golf Scramble
Join the Greenwoods on AUGUST 3rd, 2014 (REGISTRATION AT 7:00AM) at Binder Park Golf Course in Battle Creek MI for a great day of Golf, Raffles, Prizes, Food and Fun!!
Rifton Raffle for Adaptive Trike!
Thank you to everyone who purchased tickets. AHCF raised over $1300 and the Winner is…. drum roll please…..Mark Egan! Congratulations! (more…)
Detroit Red Wings Game benefits AHC!
Thank you to all those hockey fans that had a great time at the Red Wings game while supporting AHCF! Thanks for spreading awareness and raising money for research too. See you all next year!! (more…)
Shoot for the Cure Basketball Tourney for AHC!
Update for the March Mayhem Shoot for the Cure Basketball tournament – the Ryan’s and their friends and families raised over $12,000 for AHCF! Read Cindy Ryan’s recap of the day!
Wilkinson Family raises $1000 in two fundraisers
Thank you to Faye Wilkinson and family and friends for your spaghetti dinner and the High School Interact Club Bracelet sale which netted over $1000 for AHCF in honor of Zach and all the kids with AHC! (more…)