Every penny we earn from donations helps us in SO many ways!
Here are just a few of the top priorities for AHCF’s donations:
- Funding Clinical Trials – These clinical trials test drug efficacy to help eleviate and remedy some of the symptoms of AHC.
- Further the genetics research with additional targeted gene screening and developing genetic therapies.
- Supporting the Family Gathering – These are put together to speak on a one-to-one basis with researchers in the fields of genetics, psychology, and cognitive development to assist the parents and patients of AHC. It is also a time for parents and patients to exchange ideas with each other.
- Creating an International Database of AHC Patients – A longer range goal involving as many participants as possible to help increase chances of finding a cure for AHC.
- Fund studies to evaluate the effectiveness of various cognitive, motor skill and behavioral development techniques to enhance the quality of life and independence of AHC sufferers now.
- Promote awareness via a multimedia awareness campaign aimed at the medical community and related health professionals, schools and caregivers and to help identify the likely numerous undiagnosed cases of AHC.
- Promote awareness by attendance at various targeted conferences directly related to AHC.
Texas Walk/Run – April 19th, 2014
Registration is open for the 5k run/walk being held in Edinburg Texas in honor of Luke Lopez and all the kids with AHC! http://ahckids.org/hope-for-luke-and-kids-walkrun-to-cure-ahc/
Texas AHC families and friends come on out and support the Lopez family, have fun and raise $$ for AHCF too!
Detroit Red Wings Game benefits AHC!
Thank you to all those hockey fans that had a great time at the Red Wings game while supporting AHCF! Thanks for spreading awareness and raising money for research too. See you all next year!! (more…)
Shoot for the Cure Basketball Tourney for AHC!
Update for the March Mayhem Shoot for the Cure Basketball tournament – the Ryan’s and their friends and families raised over $12,000 for AHCF! Read Cindy Ryan’s recap of the day!
Wilkinson Family raises $1000 in two fundraisers
Thank you to Faye Wilkinson and family and friends for your spaghetti dinner and the High School Interact Club Bracelet sale which netted over $1000 for AHCF in honor of Zach and all the kids with AHC! (more…)
Fire & Ice Chili Cook Off Feb 15!
Come support JoBoy’s Brew Pub and AHC Kids Foundation in honor of Chef Dwayne Spencer’s daughter Koryn Spencer. The cook off will take place at Warwick High School in Lititz, Pennsylvania on February 15 @ 11:00 AM. Great Food, lots of fun and a good cause! (more…)
Be Mine! AHCF February Fundraiser
Be a sweetie and lend a helping hand
The AHCF is hoping you can
We have some needs that we must meet
And we hope you can help accomplish this feat
See our list and help make it come true
And we will be so grateful to you! (more…)
Superbowl 2014 Charity Mania raises over $1600.
The Superbowl Charity mania raised over $1600 for AHCF. Thank you Paul Hodes and everyone who bought tickets! Congratulations to the winners! (more…)
AHCF wins $$ in Super Service Challenge!
Thank you to everyone who voted, AHCF is awarded $5000!! Great job Austin’s Angels and Mollie Erpenbeck for bringing us this opportunity! (more…)