Every penny we earn from donations helps us in SO many ways!
Here are just a few of the top priorities for AHCF’s donations:
- Funding Clinical Trials – These clinical trials test drug efficacy to help eleviate and remedy some of the symptoms of AHC.
- Further the genetics research with additional targeted gene screening and developing genetic therapies.
- Supporting the Family Gathering – These are put together to speak on a one-to-one basis with researchers in the fields of genetics, psychology, and cognitive development to assist the parents and patients of AHC. It is also a time for parents and patients to exchange ideas with each other.
- Creating an International Database of AHC Patients – A longer range goal involving as many participants as possible to help increase chances of finding a cure for AHC.
- Fund studies to evaluate the effectiveness of various cognitive, motor skill and behavioral development techniques to enhance the quality of life and independence of AHC sufferers now.
- Promote awareness via a multimedia awareness campaign aimed at the medical community and related health professionals, schools and caregivers and to help identify the likely numerous undiagnosed cases of AHC.
- Promote awareness by attendance at various targeted conferences directly related to AHC.
Dine & Dance to End AHC!
Renee & Paul Hodes are holding a Dinner Dance Gala on November 7th in honor of their daughter Lisa and all the kids with AHC! (more…)
4th Annual Iowa Walk/Run for AHC!
In Honor of Connor Corrin (17) and All Children and Their Families Affected by AHC.
Saturday September 27, 2014 (more…)
Flower Power for AHCF!
We get 50% of each sale!! Go to our page on the Flower Power Fundraising site http://www.flowerpowerfundraising.com/campaign?campaign_id=19568 Get your bulbs this fall for spring show! (more…)
9th Annual Chicago Walk for AHC!
The Chicago Walk Team is ready for it’s ninth annual walk to raise money for research for AHCF! Come join us on September 21st!
Renegades for Lisa Marie and AHC!
Thank you to everyone who supported the Hodes’ Renegades fundraisers this year! Take a peak at Lisa throwing out the first pitch on AHC Awareness night! Lisa video
3rd Annual Sharo Golf Outing
Over $18,000 was raised at the 3rd annual Sharo Golf outing to benefit AHCF and in honor of granddaughter Kiley Andrasco held August 1st at the Deer Creek Golf Course in University Park Ill. Well Done and Thank you!
2nd Annual “One in a Million” Golf Scramble
“One In a Million” Golf Scramble” Thank you Greenwood family and friends who raised over $4000 at the golf outing this year. A great time was had by all. See you next year!! (more…)
Rifton Raffle for Adaptive Trike!
Thank you to everyone who purchased tickets. AHCF raised over $1300 and the Winner is…. drum roll please…..Mark Egan! Congratulations! (more…)
Detroit Red Wings Game benefits AHC!
Thank you to all those hockey fans that had a great time at the Red Wings game while supporting AHCF! Thanks for spreading awareness and raising money for research too. See you all next year!! (more…)