Foundation Individual Grant Program
We understand that life with AHC is difficult. Through our grant program, we hope to alleviate some of the financial challenges faced by those with AHC. When financially feasible, the foundation awards grants to families in need.
Grants can be used for but are not limited to:
- Transportation for a medical appointment to see a specialist is not available locally.
- Transportation for medical testing is not available locally.
- Transportation, or other expenses, to the AHCF Family Meeting that create a hardship to attend
- Medical equipment deemed necessary but not covered by insurance or local organizations.
Grants will not be awarded for the following:
- Transportation to other medical conferences
- Medical equipment that can be covered by private insurance or Medicaid
- Service dogs
The maximum amount awarded to a family during a two-year period will not exceed $500. When the amount set aside for grants is exhausted, no more grants will be awarded during that fiscal year. There is no guarantee that every grant request will be awarded.
Grant consideration is limited to individuals diagnosed with Alternating Hemiplegia of Childhood and their immediate family.
For a full explanation of the grant criteria and to view the application, please see the Family Grant attachment